5 Feelings You Experience Before Graduation, as Told by the Gilmore Girls
Spring semester, senior year of college stirs up feelings of anxiety, excitement, fear, sadness, and much more. You are leaving your home of four years while starting your life in the real world where you can live on your own terms.
These are all emotions that I have been grappling with recently. To more accurately depict this time in a student’s life, here are five feelings you experience before graduation, as told by the Gilmore Girls.
1. Realizing that applying to jobs absolutely, positively sucks
Not only is finding jobs that you are interested in on a multitude of websites a feat in itself but applying to them is a whole other process. While your resume stays the same, writing a new cover letter for each one becomes tedious and stressful. What if I don’t write the correct company name? Did I spell everything correctly? What if something isn’t grammatically correct? Additionally, you can apply to five jobs every day for months and still not have a job. Rory is right, it just sucks.
2. Feeling pressure from your parents to get a successful job and move out
Wanting to please your parents adds a whole new level of pressure to the job hunt. They always want the best for you, but that also means getting a job right out of college, making good money, and providing for yourself the second that diploma is in your hand. No pressure right?
3. Getting turned down, or not even hearing back from the companies you applied to
Getting your first “you’re not the right fit” email can be crushing, but after the fifth or so you must find it comical in order to survive. Getting turned down is part of the process and while it does hurt, you must keep going and apply to more jobs!
4. Trying to forget you have applied to over 50 jobs and still have not landed one
Similar to feeling number 3, you have to cope with rejection and while we are young and 21 no one is stopping you from pouring a glass of wine to ease the stress.
5. Re-motivating yourself because you still want to succeed
After all of the frustration and stress, let’s be honest, you still want to be successful! Hold onto your hopes and dreams and keep pushing forward. You don’t want to later regret giving up your dreams and settling for a job you will be miserable doing for the rest of your life!
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON JOB LISTINGSSee all UNIVERSITY OF OREGON Job Listings
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of OregonOregon State UniversityPortland State UniversityCentral Oregon Community CollegeChemeketa Community CollegeEugene Bible CollegeUmpqua Community CollegeSouthern Oregon UniversityRogue Community CollegeReed CollegePacific UniversityNorthwest Christian CollegeLewis & Clark CollegeLane Community CollegeLinfield CollegePortland Community CollegeLinn-Benton Community CollegeConcordia UniversityEastern Oregon UniversityGeorge Fox UniversityMarylhurst UniversityOregon Health & Science UniversityOregon Institute of TechnologyThe Art Institute of PortlandUniversity of PortlandWestern Oregon UniversityWillamette UniversitySouthwestern Oregon Community CollegeMt. Hood Community CollegeColumbia Gorge Community CollegeKlamath Community College Oregon Coast Community College Portland Community College- Rock CreekPortland Community College-Cascade
- By State
- By City